Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Week 2 in Delhi

Now that I officially have professors and colleagues reading this from all directions, I guess I will take extra precautions. Perhaps I shall attempt to kick the quality up a notch, but maybe not right now. So here are a few things I have learned during my first week in Delhi. First and foremost, the six day school week, brutal. My proverbial hat is off to everyone that can actually maintain that. Second, a random roadside brick is a poor substitute for a hammer when a rikshaw driver needs to fix his pedals. Third, despite my best efforts to look like an unfriendly slob, I still tend to draw more beggars to me than my Western counterparts. An addendum to that, shoe shiners will also repeatedly attempt to shine my shoes. Even if I am wearing flip-flops. Another addendum, I am also a target for garbage disposed of by said beggars. Fourth, dinner from a broken-down food service truck swarming with flies? Much better than you would think. And finally, 30 degrees celsius can, indeed, feel amazingly refreshing. That's it for now. Keep tuning in and I will do my best to keep you entertained.

1 comment:

oddok68@yahoo.com said...

A challenge is only as great as the expectation to stand up and greet it.

Ha. I just made that bullshit up. Keep learnin' and keep teachin' brother.